Los Angeles Surgical Error Attorney
Millions Recovered in Surgical Malpractice Lawsuits
When a patient goes in for surgery, they are putting their trust in the hands of medical staff. That is why we rely on the experience and skill of our medical professionals to provide the best treatment and care for us during and after surgery.
Unfortunately, surgical errors occur quite often. When a surgical error occurs, investigating what happened and if your providers’ conduct rose to the level of negligence is an important starting point in recovering compensation for your damages.
At Bostwick & Peterson, LLP, our award-winning team can help review the facts of your case and discuss if you have grounds for legal action. We’re trusted by clients and fellow lawyers because:
- We have secured over $1 billion in compensation for clients.
- We’ve won record results in medical malpractice cases, including the largest medical malpractice recovery in California history.
- We’re led by a Certified Medical Malpractice Specialist (James Bostwick).
If you have been harmed during an inpatient, ER, or outpatient surgery, our Los Angeles surgical error lawyers are here to help. Contact us for a FREE consultation.
How Medical Negligence Can Lead to Surgical Errors
Surgical errors can be minor, causing a brief, but not life-threatening injury or illness. However, in many cases, the error leads to serious health risks, and can even cause the patient's death.
You may have a claim of medical negligence if any of the following occurred during surgery:
- The wrong surgery was performed on you
- Medical equipment failure
- Anesthesia errors (too much, too little, or the wrong kind)
- Surgery site or incision became infected
- An instrument or tool was left behind
- The doctor failed to recognize the patient was in distress
- Wrongful death
While seeking legal recourse may be the last thing on your mind, you may find it necessary to pay for your medical bills and other expenses that result from the surgical error. At Bostwick & Peterson, we are dedicated to helping clients with their medical malpractice cases and to seeking the maximum recovery possible.
Examples of our Surgery Error Settlements & Verdicts
- $14 million – laparoscopic surgery error on a newborn resulting in brain injury.
- $8 million – anesthesia error during knee surgery, resulting in brain injury.
- $7.76 million – anesthesia machine malfunction during surgery resulting in cardiac arrest and disability.
- $7.5 million – failure to check blood type resulting in kidney transplant rejection and lifetime dialysis.
Our track record has earned us recognition as one of the nation’s most accomplished trial firms. Our attorneys have also received numerous awards and accolades, including selection to Super Lawyers year after year. We have the experience to aggressively fight for your case and position you to secure compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Contact us at (213) 519-5636 for a FREE consultation.
Watch Our Firm Videos
We take the time to get to know our clients and ...
Negligent Medical Providers
Getting the Best Help
NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED LAW FIRM
Invitation-only organization of the top 100 plaintiff trial lawyers in the U.S.
Former President of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, limited to the top 500 trial lawyers in the U.S.
James S. Bostwick and Erik L. Peterson have been named top-rated medical malpractice attorneys.
Invitation-only group of the nation’s top civil lawyers and judges.
James Bostwick is a nationally certified medical malpractice specialist and founding member.
Recognized since its inception in 1983 by this peer-reviewed publication, comprised of the best legal talent in the world.
Recognized for professional excellence with impressive ratings from clients and peers.
James Bostwick & Erik Peterson are listed in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
An exclusive group limited to less than 1% of U.S. attorneys who have won multi-million dollar results.
James Bostwick inducted into the Hall of Fame and featured among the Top 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers in America.