Birth Injury Lawsuits: Fighting for Families
Should a failure to meet the accepted standard of care cause injury to mother or baby, victims may be able to bring civil medical malpractice claims to recover compensation for their losses. Examples of birth and neonatal injury cases we handle:
- Infant brain damage
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy
- Elevated bilirubin
- Umbilical cord compression
- Failure to monitor fetal heart rate
- Failures to diagnose or treat complications or infections
- Maternal wrongful death
- Wrongful birth / wrongful death
If you or your baby suffered preventable birth injuries due to negligence in pregnancy, labor, or delivery, we encourage you to consult with a Los Angeles birth injury lawyer at our firm as soon as possible.
Our attorneys specialize in medical malpractice and strongly believe victims should not have to face the financial burden for medical expenses and potential life-long care. That is why we take the time to answer your questions, review your case, have our physicians analyze your medical records, and help you determine how best to proceed. We are committed to helping you get through this difficult time.
Read James Bostwick’s article on Medical Malpractice: Preparation and Trial of Birth Injury Cases as published in Plaintiff magazine.
Request a FREE Case Evaluation
For more than 40 years, our firm has been representing clients in all manner of medical malpractice claims. We are dedicated to seeing that our clients' rights and best interests are protected and:
- Offer FREE and confidential case evaluations.
- Charge no up-front fees or costs to hire.
- Work on contingency – if we don’t win, you don’t pay.
Bostwick & Peterson, LLP has been named among the U.S. News “Best Law Firms” list and is backed by attorneys included among Super Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America©. We know how to help our clients win and we have a track record of proven results to show just that. Some recent birth injury recoveries:
- $17 million record birth injury settlement – the largest in California history.
- $14 million neonatal brain injury settlement for 3-year-old child.
- $11.4 million settlement over birth injury resulting in cerebral palsy.
- $11 million neonatal injury involving retinopathy of prematurity in triplets.
- $10 million settlement over failure to properly deliver, resulting in cerebral palsy.
Although we cannot guarantee the outcome of any particular case, our knowledgeable attorneys are committed to providing clients with the experienced and passionate representation they deserve. We have tried hundreds of cases and have recovered over $1 billion for our clients. Let us see how we may be able to fight for you.
To request a FREE review of your case, contact us online or call (213) 519-5636.