Los Angeles Medication Error Lawyer
We’ve Won Over $1 Billion for our Clients
Health care providers use an array of powerful medications to treat serious injuries and illnesses. And while these drugs are often essential to curing ailments or improving a patient’s quality of life, they can and often do come with risks.
Unfortunately, health care providers don’t always uphold the standard of care when using medications to treat their patients. If a doctor or other provider erred in some way when prescribing or administering medications and patients suffer harm, they can be held liable for medical malpractice.
At Bostwick & Peterson, LLP, our award-winning team has become a leader in litigating complex medical negligence lawsuits. Our Los Angeles medication error attorneys are available to discuss your potential medication mistake lawsuit and how we can help.
- Since 2018, we’ve broken the record for largest malpractice recovery in California history twice.
- We have recovered over $1 billion in compensation for clients.
- James Bostwick is a Certified Medical Malpractice Specialist.
Bostwick & Peterson offers FREE consultations and collects no fee unless we win. To discuss your case with a lawyer, contact us today.
Medical Error Lawsuits: When is a Mistake Malpractice?
When you suffer injury or worsening of your illness due to a medication error, the doctor who prescribed this medication should be held responsible for their mistake.
If you or a loved one suffered due to a medication error, you may have options for legal action, and our attorneys can help you determine your best course of action in your medical malpractice suit.
A medication error can include any of the following:
- Prescribing the wrong medication for the illness or condition
- Prescribing/administering the wrong dosage
- Prescribing/administering a medication that the patient is allergic to
- Prescribing/administering a medication that does not react well with other medications the patient is taking
- Administering medication to the wrong patient
- Anesthesia errors
- Failure to treat infections with medication
We rely on our doctors to uphold the standard of care when prescribing and administering medications. When their substandard care causes harm, victims have the right to take action.
Examples of Our Medication Error Settlements & Verdicts
- $17 million settlement over provider's failure to treat a routine infection in pregnant mother with medication, resulting in brain injury to the baby.
- $9.75 million settlement over provider's failure to treat sepsis and an excessive administration of medication to reduce blood pressure, resulting in amputation of arms and legs.
- $4 million recovery over infant medication overdose resulting in brain injury.
Call for a FREE Case Review: (213) 519-5636
When a medication error causes illness or death, you may not be sure what to do. Contacting an attorney from Bostwick & Peterson is the first step you can take. We have over 60 years of combined experience in the area of medical malpractice and we can help you get started on your medical malpractice or wrongful death claim.
Contact our firm today if you or a loved one has suffered due to a medication error: (213) 519-5636.
We take the time to get to know our clients and ...
Negligent Medical Providers
Getting the Best Help
Invitation-only organization of the top 100 plaintiff trial lawyers in the U.S.
Former President of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, limited to the top 500 trial lawyers in the U.S.
James S. Bostwick and Erik L. Peterson have been named top-rated medical malpractice attorneys.
Invitation-only group of the nation’s top civil lawyers and judges.
James Bostwick is a nationally certified medical malpractice specialist and founding member.
Recognized since its inception in 1983 by this peer-reviewed publication, comprised of the best legal talent in the world.
Recognized for professional excellence with impressive ratings from clients and peers.
James Bostwick & Erik Peterson are listed in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
An exclusive group limited to less than 1% of U.S. attorneys who have won multi-million dollar results.
James Bostwick inducted into the Hall of Fame and featured among the Top 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers in America.