Your Rights After a Brain Injury
Brain injuries come in many forms, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries, which are caused by physical trauma to the brain.
- Hypoxic or anoxic injuries, which result from insufficient in no oxygenated blood flow to the brain.
When brain injuries result from another person’s negligence, you may have the right to bring legal action for a financial recovery of your damages. For example, victims may bring claims after suffering brain damage from:
- Anesthesia or medication errors
- Birth injuries involving delayed C-sections or mismanaged complications
- Surgical errors
- Failures to diagnose or treat stroke or cardiac conditions
Our Los Angeles brain injury lawyers can review your case at no cost and discuss how we may be able to help. We work on contingency fees, which means there is no fee unless we win.
Proving Medical Negligence After a Brain Injury
Proving medical negligence and recovering compensation requires attorneys to investigate and diligently prepare your case. At Bostwick & Peterson, our attorneys have been winning record malpractice results for decades and have established the network of specialists and medical experts who help us build strong cases and position clients for a recovery of their:
- Lost wages and future earnings
- Past and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Other economic and non-economic damages
Working with an attorney can make the difference when it comes to litigating your brain injury case and recovering the compensation you deserve. Some examples of our brain injury results:
- $21 million for a truck accident victim who suffered a brain injury and lasting cognitive deficits. This is a record result for this type of compensatory award.
- $17 million for a baby who suffered brain damage after providers failed to treat a routine infection during pregnancy.
- $14 million for a 3-day-old child who suffered permanent brain damage due to a surgical error.
- $8.75 million for a woman who suffered a stroke after ER providers failed to order a CT scan.
Seeking the maximum possible recovery can help ensure that victims have the necessary resources to cover needed expenses and the care they’ll require in the future. For many brain injury victims, there are lifelong costs.
If you wish to discuss a brain injury lawsuit with a Los Angeles attorney from Bostwick & Peterson, LLP, contact us for a FREE case review: (213) 519-5636.